Re: [TeXmacs] Border styles of a table? possible to change?

  • From: "Zoltán Kovács" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Border styles of a table? possible to change?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:50:25 +0200

Dear Henri, thank you in advance.

Chu-Ching pointed out that the biggest problem is my table definition. It works in TeXmacs but not in LaTeX. So I will re-generate my tables as Chu-Ching suggested.

Best regards, Zoltan

2007/9/27, Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>:
Zoltán Kovács wrote:

> Though, I run into a strange issue. I exported the final version to
> LaTeX. Unfortunately the PNG images are not converted automatically
> into EPS.

There is some UNIX package you need for doing this kind of
conversion (probably netpbm). As for me, when inserting a png
image in a TeXmacs document, I get the following output on the
console :
[[
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
]]

This 'pnmtops' command at least is something you need.

> But it's not the worst: unfortunately I get a buggy LaTeX file. It is
> very interesting that the Postscript preview is perfect (inside
> TeXmacs), but on running LaTeX I get error messages.
>
> Has anyone experienced such a problem? Unfortunately I cannot figure
> out where is the temporary LaTeX file on creating the Postscript
> preview --- I could use it because temporarily it could solve my
> problem. TeXmacs seems to remove it immediately as the Postscript
> output has been displayed. I thought I dive into the code but it
> doesn't seem to be a feasible job 3 days before the submission
> deadline... ;-D

You should not dive into the code, all the more because what you are
looking for doesn't exists ;-D ;-D.

There is no intermediary LaTeX file generated when displaying a PS,
because TeXmacs rendering engine is wholly implemented from scratch,
and completely independent from LaTeX, TeX, and the like.

> Could you please help? The whole thing is tgz'ed on
> http://wmi.math.u-szeged.hu/~kovzol/wmi2-article.tgz
> <http://wmi.math.u-szeged.hu/%7Ekovzol/wmi2-article.tgz>.

The LaTeX export is implemented as an independent add-on,
in Scheme. I would suggest figuring out what is exactly the
bug, then hacking a quick fix in Perl (and then submitting
a bug report to us... :-).

--
matek.hu --- mert matekból érettségizni mindenkinek kell...