Re: [TeXmacs] New plugin Tablor (Sign and monotonicity tables / tableaux de signes et de variations)

  • From: Corcelle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] New plugin Tablor (Sign and monotonicity tables / tableaux de signes et de variations)
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:20:25 +0100

Hello,
Hi,

i get the same problem as for the xypic plugin and th pstricks plugin :
"dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.

cat: tabtmp.eps: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type"
Did you try to compile a simple file from LaTeX to see if the problem comes from LaTeX or TeXmacs ?
If not, please save the first_table.tex file attached and in the same directory type :

latex --shell-escape --interaction=nonstopmode first_table.tex and then
dvips -q -f -E first_table.dvi -o first_table.ps

It should return a first_table.ps file as attached.

If the result is not the same, the problem comes from LaTeX.
You must miss a package. Try to add : texlive-fonts-extra texlive-metapost
Or the extensions are not at the good place ?

Too bad ! That would be a really cool feature inside texmacs.
I agree. A few people managed to get it working and as I know mostly under ubuntu. You'll be the next one.
I have to say that with the 1.0.7 deb package (under ubuntu 8.04) it
breaks texmacs.
It could be caused by a wrong requirement when trying to load the plugin (I have been warned by Joris van der Hoeven in a precedent post) but I don't know how to fix this. It should stop when the plugin will work.
Any help ???
Send me the results. I will help if I can.

Emmanuël Corcelle

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[french]{babel} %   or     another language
\usepackage[xcas]{tablor}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
\initablor
\begin{TV}
TV([-infinity,+infinity], [ ], "f","x", x^2, 1, n, \tv)
\end{TV}
\nettoyer
\end{document}