Re: [TeXmacs] New plugin Tablor (Sign and monotonicity tables / tableaux de signes et de variations)

  • From: Corcelle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] New plugin Tablor (Sign and monotonicity tables / tableaux de signes et de variations)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:54:50 +0100

David Allouche a écrit :
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:46, Corcelle <address@hidden> wrote:
i get the same problem as for the xypic plugin and th pstricks plugin :
"dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.

cat: tabtmp.eps: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type"

For this problem, another possible trick on ubuntu is to open the
$TEXMAS_PATH/bin/fig2ps file and to replace the first line :
#!/bin/sh
by
#!/bin/bash

You can do that for each tm_* file in your plugin directory (it's a known
bug on ubuntu).

It's likely a bug in texmacs that shows up in Ubuntu, but not a bug in Ubuntu.

Some shell scripts require this change on Ubuntu because they rely on
bash extensions which are not supported in "dash" which is is the
/bin/sh implementation used on Ubuntu.

/bin/sh is only guaranteed to be a posix-compliant shell, and dash is
posix-compliant. If a script depends on bash extension, it MUST
specify #!/bin/bash.

It is a bug in the script if it specifies #!/bin/sh and requires bash
extensions.

As I can't determine which script depends on bash extension, I change every plugin script just to be sure. Hope it's not a problem.

Thank you for the precision.

Emmanuël Corcelle