[TeXmacs] help...

  • From: El.Douwen <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] help...
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:52:16 +0100

hi everyone

my texmacs 1.0 on my Mac os X.6.7 cannot preview (command-P) nor export to
ps/pdf my little texmacs 33Ko document
this document contains about 25 linked images, each of them weighting, 600Ko
for the biggest, the other about 100-200ko
i precize i do have 2.2Ghz/2Go(667Mhz)Ram and 100Go free on the hard drive:
so the problem can not be my hardware

i had received the help of Sam to export it, because i had to send the
document in pdf format to the editor
i can not ask Sam all the time
Sam said, it was maybe a bug of ghostview 9.x

i just tryed on ubuntu :
i have installed texmacs 1:1.0.7.4-2 with synaptic on my virtualbox ubuntu
10.10
then i tryed to export as preview my document
result "ghostscript seems not to be isntalled : opreation impossible"...

i tried to upgrade to ubuntu 11.04
i thought that, if it would not work yet, i could try to install a ghosscript
with synapitic
i first opened my file.tm (saved on the desktop, the folder file containing
the images beeing on the desktop too)
result : the images do not appear

conclusion
- i prefer my os X texmacs experience... juste human... my first
ubuntu-texmacs experience seems to me very unfriendly
- i still have no solution to work for my book

could anyone just help me exporting my maths from texmacs to ps/pdf ?
thanks very much

Sacha