Re: [TeXmacs] Re: compiling texmacs on ubuntu

  • From: arshpreet singh <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: compiling texmacs on ubuntu
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:49:27 +0530

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Gubinelli Massimiliano
<address@hidden> wrote:
> there exists two versions of guile currently available: 1.8 and the 2.x
> series.

thanks a lot sir it is done.actually i was using 2.05 version of
guile.but now i got guile-1.8 on ubuntu using "apt-get install
guile-1.8"

>texmacs will work only with 1.8 and sometimes the trouble comes from the
>fact that configure is not able to find the >proper version. since usually
>there are no problems in compiling on ubuntu I suppose you are trying to
>compile texmacs >against the wrong guile.

i think the guile-version should also mention on official
website-documentation so it will be helpful for saving resources and
time. :)

>sorry.

please don't be you have solved my problem.cheers :)

--

Thanks
Arshpreet singh