Re: [TeXmacs] Chinese Translation of TeXmacs's doc

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Chinese Translation of TeXmacs's doc
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:41:04 +0100

Dear Darcy,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:56:44PM +0800, Darcy Shen wrote:
> I am translating the documents of TeXmacs. Any Chinese did it before?

That is an important initiative.
No, this has not been done before.

> See here for my translation:
> https://gitcafe.com/sadhen/texmacs_manual_zh
>
> I just started it several days ago. And surely now it is in low quality
> according to my standard.

The start looks promising. Please carefully read

Help -> Help us -> Documentation

since it contains important information for translators.
In particular, the idea is to separately translate the files in

TeXmacs/doc/main

by using an appropriate extension depending on the language.
I can give you write access to the SVN repository of TeXmacs
for adding your files, as soon as you create an account on Savannah
and send me your user. In the TeXmacs/doc/main directory,
you will also see what has been done for other languages,
so you can simply immitate that.

Thanks a lot for your help, --Joris