Re: [TeXmacs] Macro not handling big operators

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: Alexandre Dezotti <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Macro not handling big operators
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:37:18 +0200

Hi,

  (reposting to the list)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Alexandre Dezotti <address@hidden> wrote:
* The keyboard works just fine until I insert script above/bellow
through the menu, I can see in source mode that the below/above
commands are inserted in the source text.

* The shortcuts displayed in the menu are Alt+B for bellow, and Alt+A for above.

*
$ uname -r
3.15.5-1-ARCH
$ gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 3.12.2
$ texmacs --version
TeXmacs version 1.0.7.21
(c) 1999-2013 by Joris van der Hoeven and others

I have just learned this version of Texmacs was 1 year old, though it
is still the official version for my distribution.
I have also tried to get the source from the web and compile it, but
it failed. I have probably to set up Qt correctly, which I don't have
time to do this.

Compilation should work out of the box. You only need to be sure that the version of guile you have is 1.8 and NOT 2.0

 * I see xmodmap is used to translate keyboard inputs, maybe it could
work. If I understand well, it would require to type differently than
what is expected and displayed on the actual keyboard. I feel it is a
bit overkill for this. My solution will be to wait for a new release
from Archlinux.

Have you tried the static binaries?

or if you have an older glibc:

--