Re: [TeXmacs] Changing Section Number

  • From: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • To: Michael Shea <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Changing Section Number
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 18:01:30 +0000

On Ubuntu Linux, I find /usr/share/TeXmacs/styles and /usr/share/TeXmacs/packages and in the various subdirectories there, I find the .ts files that define things like that. I've learned quite a lot by opening those files with TeXmacs and viewing them.

So in /usr/share/TeXmacs/packages/section/section-base.ts I find the new-section macro. It calls new-counter. So there are "counters" for those, and thus you can very probably set them... I find /usr/share/TeXmacs/packages/standard/std-counter.ts and within it, I learned about the new-counter macro, which is right at the top.

It turns out that you can use   \assign section-nr 7   before the first appearance of a   \section   to start your article with section 8.