Wikipedia [was Re: Education style and html export]

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Wikipedia [was Re: Education style and html export]
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 19:15:49 +0100

Hi all,

Concerning Wikipedia, I noticed that wget sometimes takes a very long
time to download a page. Could it be that Wikipedia favors standard
browsers when it comes to downloading speed? Maybe we are doing
something wrong on our side; the way we download webpages has not
been optimized that much.

Still concerning Wikipedia, I updated the Html + MathML converters so
that pages display "nicely" inside TeXmacs; e.g.

texmacs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_function

I also added an option in the user preferences to look for
LaTeX annotations when available. This improves most the way most
formulas get imported, but it also deteriorates a few others.

Best wishes, --Joris