Re: How to put beautifully subscripts of Greek letters like Gamma?

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to put beautifully subscripts of Greek letters like Gamma?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 09:12:58 +0100

Hello,

Thanks for the responses. Let me ask more about typesettings. Sometimes I found that characters are way too crowded while sometimes I found the spaces between characters are too large. Maybe it is also a case that "they find it strange when a program does things right"?

When I input the residue formula

which is rendered as (see residue.png in the attachment).

I find that the spaces between 2, i, \pi are very large, however the contour \gamma seems to horizontally "intersect" with the integrand \omega.

Here is another one more abnormal in my eyes (see attachment ainf.png):

(math (concat "A" (rsub "inf") (around* "(" "" ")")))

The subscript f is overlapping the subsequent parenthesis "(". It is also interesting that this happens only when I set the font size to be 12pts (which is my default setting. I find 10pts too small).

Best wishes,