Re: How to put beautifully subscripts of Greek letters like Gamma?

  • From: Basile Audoly <address@hidden>
  • To: Frank <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to put beautifully subscripts of Greek letters like Gamma?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 11:32:21 -0800

Hi Frank,

> When I input the residue formula
>
> (equation* (document (concat "res" (rsub (concat "z" (rsub "0"))) (around*
> "<gamma>") "<omega>")))
>
> which is rendered as (see residue.png in the attachment).
>
> I find that the spaces between 2, i, \pi are very large, however the
> contour \gamma seems to horizontally "intersect" with the integrand \omega.

well, this is a normal spacing for multiplication. You can always use the
<syntax||> trick to fine-tune the spacing if you want the multiplications
inside 2pi*i to appear differently.

> Here is another one more abnormal in my eyes (see attachment ainf.png):
>
> (math (concat "A" (rsub "inf") (around* "(" "" ")")))
>
> The subscript f is overlapping the subsequent parenthesis "(". It is also
> interesting that this happens only when I set the font size to be 12pts
> (which is my default setting. I find 10pts too small).

It seems to me that the overlap is a visual artifact at smaller magnification
levels. In my own set-up, it goes away when I increase the magnification
factor.

Besides, replacing "inf" with (text "inf") both makes more sense to me from a
syntactic point of view, and increases the trailing space.

Basile.