Re: How to put beautifully subscripts of Greek letters like Gamma?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to put beautifully subscripts of Greek letters like Gamma?
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 22:08:35 +0100

Hi Frank & Basile,

I do not think that this is entirely a matter of taste.
Kerning is traditional technique that typographers use to
improve the rendering of documents. TeX/LaTeX does not
support kerning for subscripts and superscripts and
it is possible that some people got so used to this deficiency
that they find it stange when a program does things right...

Best wishes, --Joris