mailing list vs. forum vs. wiki [was Re: Hide TeXmacs UI by default?]

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: mailing list vs. forum vs. wiki [was Re: Hide TeXmacs UI by default?]
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:52:50 +0100

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:41:54PM +0100, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> I think that the blog is still not ready (will ever be) for "initial
> discussion", the forum seems a better place. When some more solid proposal
> materialise, then we can draft it in the form of a proposal which would be
> more stable and suitable for an article in the blog.

I doubt that there ever will be one final consensual proposal.
What I am interested in is a summary/analysis of the various approaches
and its pros and cons when applied to TeXmacs. Of course this could first
be discussed on the forum and then synthesized on your blog.

This is a good example of the roles that the different tools at our disposal
might have. The mailing list has many suscribers, so it is not a good place
for lengthy philosophical discussions, but it could be a good place to
launch some ideas for further discussion elsewhere. The forum seems to be
a good place for informal discussions of specific topics at length.
The blog/wiki should be interesting for synthesizing the outcome of
such discussions, as well as for the collection of other
useful documentation, contributions, etc.

Best wishes, --Joris