Re: Space between two paragraphs

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Space between two paragraphs
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 12:55:23 +0200

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 12:39:30PM +0200, Richard gomez wrote:
> I am looking for some documentation about the menu
>
> DOCUMENT > PARAGRAPH > Interparagraph space
>
> because i feel quite lost with the different units : fn, fns, fs, etc.
>
> My document is a "book style" (more than 800 pages) and my editor have made
> some requests about vertical spaces, etc.

From "The Jolly Writer", page 142:

- 1fn stands for a stretchable variant the current font size.
It defaults to a so-called quad space (1em), but it can be somewhat
longer or shorter if that allows TeXmacs to improve the page breaking.

- 1fns is a variant of 1fn which defaults to zero,
but which can be stretched a bit in case of need.

Best wishes, --Joris