Re: arXiv

  • From: Basile Audoly <address@hidden>
  • To: Christopher Dimech <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: arXiv
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 16:31:45 +0200

Dear Christopher,

No, it would definitely be easier (and more logical) to have arXiv correct the bug that erroneously tags PDF files as being produced by LaTeX once for all, than to require every single TeXmacs submission to be exported to LaTeX.

Currently, arXiv is accepting PDF produced by MS word but blocking those produced by TeXmacs.

Your point about the TeXmacs format sounds unfair to me. TeXmacs is far more structured than LaTeX which does not follow a well-defined grammar. Parsing meta-data from TeXmacs source is trivial.

Best wishes,
Basile