arXiv

  • From: Christopher Dimech <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: arXiv
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:52:40 +0200

> Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 at 8:44 PM
> From: "Frank" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: arXiv
>
> Hello, all
>
> I would like to point out another fact that TeXmacs supports "TeXmacs
> Scheme" output which is similar to Scheme programming language, so I don't
> think that it is quite inaccessible, especially for Lisp programmers. The
> current formatting is bad but I guess that it is not quite difficult to
> improve, as it could be passed to the pretty printing:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Pretty-Printing.html

Yes. The difficulty stems mainly from the deeply nested or complex data
structures in the source,
in ways similar to what I see with xml.

> I attach a sample.
>
> Best,
> Frank
>
> On 7/12/21, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> > Beyond the technical, there are other considerations.  Whilst it could be
> > well structured according to some software engineering metric.
> > But its syntactic format is not more accessible to code modification than
> > tex or latex, or to any other programming language.  I might
> > understand the production of an internal format that fits in with a more
> > structured format for what you want to do.  But in doing so, you
> > have removed an important aspect.  Whilst it could be acceptable with
> > schools and colleges, I do not see how to avoid the observation
> > I have made.

  • arXiv, Basile Audoly, 07/10/2021
    • arXiv, Christopher Dimech, 07/10/2021
      • Re: arXiv, Frank, 07/10/2021
      • Re: arXiv, Basile Audoly, 07/10/2021
        • arXiv, Christopher Dimech, 07/12/2021
          • Re: arXiv, Massimiliano Gubinelli, 07/12/2021
            • arXiv, Christopher Dimech, 07/12/2021
          • Re: arXiv, Frank, 07/12/2021
            • arXiv, Christopher Dimech, 07/12/2021
          • Re: arXiv, TeXmacs, 07/12/2021
      • Re: arXiv, Giovanni Piredda, 07/10/2021
        • arXiv, Christopher Dimech, 07/12/2021