Re: Session bug? son of interactive shell does not get input

  • From: Christopher Lee <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Session bug? son of interactive shell does not get input
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:29:49 -0500 (CDT)

>>>>> "Joris" == Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

Joris> On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Stephane Payrard wrote:

Joris> Yes, I know. The problem that shells have no proper
Joris> mechanism for handshaking (saying who is waiting for
Joris> input). I am still thinking about how I may deal with this
Joris> problem inside TeXmacs.

Have you tried using a pseudo terminal? I haven't looked at it for a
while, but I think this is the standard answer to this problem. When
I have question like this, I look in Stevens' "Advanced Programing in
the Unix Environment"

If you have time, could you write a simple example of how to
access/extend texmacs? I thought I would start with something simple
(?) like allowing \C-f to wrap around to the next line.

Thanks again for your work.

-chris