Re: Session bug? son of interactive shell does not get input

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Christopher Lee <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Session bug? son of interactive shell does not get input
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 01:52:53 +0200 (MET DST)

> Have you tried using a pseudo terminal? I haven't looked at it for a
> while, but I think this is the standard answer to this problem. When
> I have question like this, I look in Stevens' "Advanced Programing in
> the Unix Environment"

No I did not try this, but I will keep your suggestion in mind.
If someone can briefly explain to me how this works,
that would also be great.

> If you have time, could you write a simple example of how to
> access/extend texmacs? I thought I would start with something simple
> (?) like allowing \C-f to wrap around to the next line.

Unfortunately, I did not yet have time to write a detailed
documentation on this. However, you may want to take a look at
Help->scheme inside TeXmacs.

If someone has the time to find out how the different commands
work and to write some documentation (either in the manual
or a tutorial page), this would be nice. In combination with
the source code, it should not be to hard to figure out
how things work.

However, many of the commands of the guile/scheme interface
should be considered as unstable and cursor positioning commands
are insufficient in number. I am still thinking about an optimal
set of primitives, which would allow you to efficiently position
yourself or search/replace in a structured document.

> Thanks again for your work.

Thanks for your interest,

-Joris-