Session bug? son of interactive shell does not get input

  • From: Stephane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Session bug? son of interactive shell does not get input
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:43:02 +0000

Perspective: this is an early feedback from someone that has used
texmacs for only 3 hours or so but has used emacs for years.
So I can miss the obvious, but a naive feeback can always be useful :)

1/ TeXmacs has a session mechanism in which I can run sucessfully an
interactive shell but a command started by the said shell does not get
the input from the keyboard as it should.
By comparaison, a interactive shell in emacs works correctly.

2/ Also, is it possible to get the keyboard accelerators displayed in the
menu? This is the best way to progressively move from mixed input
(mouse+keyboard) to a faster keyboard input mode (à la emacs)

3/ Your documentation should be hyperlinked so that a complete
beginner like me can move around more easily in the documentation before
getting his way in the menus.

4/ Telated to 3/
I don't get the different meaning of the different links that can
be created from (Insert->Links). Admittedly I have not yet searched
very hard.

5/ Eventually it should be nice to be able to split a window in many panels
(In emacs parlance that would be to split a frame in many windows) but
without
the emacs bug: emacs does not always display the buffer in the right
window (in emacs speak: frame)
when the said buffer already appears within another window (in emacs
speak:frame).
Bug triggered by ^X^B when the "*Buffer List*"already opend in another
windows (in emacs frame).
I am not asking you to correct the bug in emacs!! just point out this is
not easy to implement
right.

6/ I consider providing a Perl binding to TexMacs. What are the functions
that should
be provided first besides something like bind-key for remapping the
keyboard

Thank you for this very promising tool and for your attention.

--
Stéphane Payrard -- s.payrard@@wanadoo.fr