Re: Problems with xfig figures

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Problems with xfig figures
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:52:33 +0100

Welcome among us Ignacio.

On Friday 22 March 2002 01:13, iknatius wrote:
> As I am Spanish, I would like to offer my help to translate the docs
> (as far as I know... all the menues are translated) into my language, so
> if anyone is on the work please let me know how I can contribute (I do
> not have much time... but I feel I have to do something for this
> excellent piece of software :). I also have a basic/medium knowledge of
> C and perl, so if I can help with this, I will be pleased to try it :)

There is currently an ongoing traduction effort for the online documentation
leaded by Álvaro <address@hidden> (spanish) and Stephane
<address@hidden> (french). There is also a dire need for more and
better documentation.

If you want to help, you can also contribute to the TeXmacs Wiki
<http://alqua.com/tmresources>. You can come on the developpers IRC channel
#texmacs on irc.openprojects.net.

Your LyX background may be useful to help Alvaro on designing the
user-interface profile (menus and key bindings) for LyX users.

Your C and Perl skills might also be useful with Stephane's project of
designing Perl bindings for TeXmacs scripting (please, tell him to use SWIG
at all costs).

> Going into trouble, as wrote on the subject, I have problems with xfig
> drawings when I import them in .fig format into tm.

I am the guy in charge of processing the bug reports (so Joris can spend more
time on fixing them). I would like you to email me the documents you used to
produce the screenshots, so I can investigate the problem.

I do not use fig imports usually, but the error message suggests you are
using GNU GhostScript, maybe using Aladdin GhostScript would fix your
problem...
--

-- David --