Documentation effort

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Documentation effort
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:21:59 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, David Allouche wrote:

> Welcome among us Ignacio.
>
> On Friday 22 March 2002 01:13, iknatius wrote:
> > As I am Spanish, I would like to offer my help to translate the docs
> > (as far as I know... all the menues are translated) into my language, so
> > if anyone is on the work please let me know how I can contribute (I do
> > not have much time... but I feel I have to do something for this
> > excellent piece of software :). I also have a basic/medium knowledge of
> > C and perl, so if I can help with this, I will be pleased to try it :)
>
> There is currently an ongoing traduction effort for the online
> documentation
> leaded by Álvaro <address@hidden> (spanish) and Stephane
> <address@hidden> (french). There is also a dire need for more and
> better documentation.

The TeXmacs documentation consists of several parts:

* The online help (brief but rather complete) in the editor itself.

* The tutorial pages on the web.

* Experimental documentation on the Wiki.

The online help is best translated in TeXmacs or LaTeX
(this has been done for Romanian for some pages).

The tutorial is written in html; I recommend to *not*
translate it on the Wiki. Indeed, TeXmacs should soon
be able to edit html directly and we want to make web
publication available directly from TeXmacs.

The experimental documentation on the Wiki should be used
by user to write the documentation that they would have
liked to have. This may cause some documentation,
but eventually, we will compile an official documentation from it.

Thanks for your help, <Joris>