Re: Some comments on new features and some ideas

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Some comments on new features and some ideas
  • Date: 16 Sep 2002 01:47:50 +0200

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 11:44, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> How to use folding? Is it documented somewhere?
> Also, what are switches and how to use them?

You start a unfold. The first line is what will be the "label" of the
folded environment. That is, when you choose fold, that's the part which
is going to stay. The rest simply disappears. It's an on/off mechanics.

Switches are more complex. Once you insert one you're given the
possibility of inserting more "slides" before and after. You can then
move between the slides. Surely people will find smart ways of using
this.

> I guessed how to use superpose. Many thanks, now I can produce crossed
> letters which are used in formulas in QED.
>
> One more question. In older versions, I could place several short formulas
> into a single displayed equation, separating them by tabs. What should I
> use instead of tab now?

I guess what you're searching for is M-tab (M, --meta-- is normally
mapped to the windows key on PC's). Esc works too as M.

> Best wishes,
> Andrey

HTH, álvaro.

--