Re: environments/blocks

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: environments/blocks
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:07:27 +0200

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:58:17AM +0200, Mario Mommer wrote:

> I have a couple of questions regarding formatting environments.
>
> Suppose I have an enumeration
>
> 1. green
> 2. blue
>
> and I want to change it to
>
> i. green
> ii. blue
>
> How do I do this? Marking the text and using insert did not work. Of
> course, in this example it is easy to cut & paste, but...

Recent experimental versions (currently 1.0.0.17) do provide a new
system called "variants". If you press C-tab (resp. C-S-tab) inside a
"enumerate-numeric" environment, you will be able to cycle forward
(resp. backward) to "enumerate-roman". Note however that if you used a
simple "enumerate", the only variant is (unnumbered) itemize.

Maybe the current variant organization is not optimal though... But I
have no opinion on that matter.

> A related problem is: how do i dissolve a block? Suppose I have marked
> a bunch of text (including enumerations, for example) and changed the
> font. After a couple of days or weeks i decide to revert the
> change. The text will still be together in a block, so that if I
> change the global font at a later date, it will not permeate this
> part. Are there currently easy solutions for this sort of thing?

I not sure I understand what you want to do.

Maybe M-backspace (or A-backspace in the new look-and-feel), aka
remove-structure-upwards is what you are looking for...

--
_. _ . GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure.
|\ | |\ Home page -- http://www.texmacs.org
| \ ,-.|,--.| \ Resources -- http://alqua.com/tmresources
| \| |,-+||--\ Dev's IRC -- #texmacs / irc.openprojects.net
-+--'`- \`-'\- - TeXmacs is NOT a LaTeX front-end
address@hidden and is unrelated to emacs.