Re: question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib.

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib.
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:13:04 +0200 (MET DST)

> > If you maintain an international version of TeXmacs, please let you be
> > known, so that we can fill that page.
> >
> > Regarding the spanish translation, I believe the right person to ask
> > is Alvaro: address@hidden
> >

> Ok. I can help uploading to the wiki page some of the translated
> documentation on TeXmacs. I have a question about doc, wich licence
> covers the documentation (Introduction, Gettin Started, etc.) present on
> TeXmacs: GPL, FDL, OpenContent, OpenResources Magazine, none of them?

The new documentation is on

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/texmacs-doc

All documentation is covered by the FDL license.

> > I could help on this, but a number of clarifications are required
> > first...
> >
> > You say every section starts in a new page. Do you really mean every
> > section, or every chapter? If you mean section, how are chapter titles
> > displayed?
>
> Well I didnt use the Chapter Style for chapters in my thesis because the
> local rules for documentation on Thesis dont Include the Word Chapter
> <Number>, just the number of the Chapter and the title so I think that
> the section style was more adecuated, but if I can quit the word
> "Chapter" before the number I think that Chapter will be better. By the
> way, some sections/chapters are numbered, but some other dont (like
> Introduction or Bibliography) can I mix both styles?

You have "section" (numbered) and "section*" (unnumbered) commands
and similarly for chapter, subsection, etc. You may redefine these
macros yourself. In that case, best is to redefine the "*"-ed variants.
Indeed, "section" is based on "section*", "subsection" on "subsection*", etc.

> > Section and subsection titles should be in real caps (ugly and
> > unsupported at the moment, though the modification is easy) or in
> > small caps (nicer but requires the use of Computer Roman fonts on
> > TeXmacs)?
>
> Well, the local rules for documentation say caps but in the examples all
> the caps have the same size, so I think that they real caps. The font
> size is the same that in the document, just they are always caps.

You may try the "tmarticle" style and let me know if you like it
(you have to choose it in "Other").

> > For the paragraph style, you may set the first indentation and
> > interparagraph space in package file of your own (do not forget to use
> > "None" style) and use it in your document.
>
> Well, with the 0.16 version of TeXmacs I selected all and then I made
> "Format -> Margins -> First identation" and then I seput to zero. But
> now I have a big blue square wich covers the all document (because I
> define it selecting all before make the identation change). I will see
> the package file instead, but how can I quit the Big blue square with
> out loosing the identation changes?

For global document changes, it is better to use the Document menu
rather than the Format menu.

Yours, Joris