Problems with floats

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Problems with floats
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:47:09 +0100

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:07:51AM +0100, Daniele Pighin wrote:
> I must correct myself.
> It is not images that slow down the editor, but floating images.
> I had to remove all floats in order to be able to edit my document again.
> Has this problem a solution?

Floats *are* [1]notoriously buggy. It just happens that most users do
not seem to use them so it has gone unfixed for a long time.

[1]
http://alqua.com/tmresources/bug%20-%20Float%20in%20multicolumn%20document
[2]
http://alqua.com/tmresources/bug%20-%20Floats%20floating%20up%20at%20the%20third

If you can still revert the document to a state where it exhibits the
performance problems, please send it to use. Since that is not of
general interest, you are encouraged to use the [2]Bug Tracker instead
of posting to the mailing list.

[2] http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=addbug&group=texmacs

Tip: to have a (somewhat) usable float functionality, disable
placement "Here" and on "Other pages".

Warning: I just noticed the position-float menu was buggy. The "Other
pages" checkmark is the opposite of what it should be. It is checked
when the float is actually forced on the current page and unchecked
when it is allowed on other pages. I submitted a patch to fix that.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org