Re: Why Russian?

  • From: Jan Peters <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Why Russian?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:40:28 -0800

the russian.hypen is loaded just when I try to open the file Help->Full
manual->User manual....

That is perfectly normal, since the manual contains some
information on how to type russian (and ukrainian) texts.

OK, turns out this was a misunderstanding about what Luca had tried. I think now that he is a victim of Mac OSX's ridiculously low default stacksize of 512 kB. This seems not enough for all the font information loaded for the user manual. I guess I'll have to do something about this...

I actually have that problem for a variety of documents an tried to figure out WHY that
happens. David told me that these documents work fine on Linux, so I had no clue.
Martin, your explanation finally makes everything clear! Will you change it?

Thanx,
-Jan