Re: Why Russian?

  • From: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Why Russian?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 09:25:41 +0200

Jan Peters wrote:
[]
Martin, your explanation finally makes everything clear! Will you change it?

Jan,
I am not sure if you know how to set these limits yourself. Just in case you don't: In the shell you are running the texmacs command from, before starting texmacs, say

limit stack 2000
(instead of '2000' you can take some other number meaning more than 1MB, for example '2M' or '64M' or 'unlimited', the latter two giving the same result)

This is for a csh shell like the default tcsh. If your shell is of the sh persuasion like bash, say

ulimit -s 2000

Actually, I changed the fink package, so if you do a selfupdate, you'll get texmacs-1.0.1.8-2 which sets the stacksize limit to 8MB inside the script that starts texmacs.

--
Martin