Re: bibtex problem? no... #texmacs-users?

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bibtex problem? no... #texmacs-users?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:51:08 +0200

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:57:31PM +0200, Kasper Souren wrote:

> I downloaded David's .tm and I'm trying to get further with that. But even
> literally copying the <apply|cite|foo>'s and the <\bibliography> doesn't
> work. So obviously I'm missing something. I checked the manual again, and
> tried creating labels. Then I get <reference|test> and <label|test>, in
> blue
> and black...
>
> Then (actually just now) I thought, let's try adding labels and references
> in
> the Preamble mode! And hurray. When adding a label there and switching back
> to the non-Preamble mode there is only one red "?" left. However, the
> Preamble mode isn't mentioned at all in the manual ("Automatically
> generated
> content"). I guess there are some other important things missing. I'd like
> add some sentences to it, but obviously I'd first have to know how to do
> this
> stuff myself...

This problem has been answered approximately one zillion times here.
The trick is that labels, references, citation, etc. are created as
deactived nodes. You need to press enter to activate them.

This information is given in the footer when creating such nodes from
the menu, it is also explained in the manual in one of the early
chapters.

In preamble mode, such elements are created activated, so once you
switch back to normal mode everything is okay without needing to
explicitely activate the elements. But you should not use preamble
mode for anything else than stylesheets.

> Also, for stuff like this I really find it handy to go to IRC pose my
> question
> and hang out there a while, helping other people in the meanwhile.
> So I wonder why #texmacs is reserved for developers? If this is really
> important, maybe #texmacs-users could be created?

Yes, that would really be a good thing, if only there were people with
enough knowledge of texmacs *and* enough free time...

--
-- ddaa