Getting page numbers

  • From: Benno Dielmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Getting page numbers
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:34:50 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using floating figures and tables and trying to get rid of the "on page
xx" in my text when the referenced float is on the same page. For example if
I write "...see figure <reference|someref> on page <page-reference|someref>"
I whould like the page reference not to show up if the figure is on the same
page as this text. I tried the following:

(assign "seite"
(func "text" "ref"
(if (unequal (apply "thepage") (pageref (value "ref")))
(concat (value "text") " " (pageref (value "ref")))
)))

...which works like expected except the if - condition is never false. The
source of the problem seems to be the (apply "thepage") since entering this
in a normal document (not preamble mode) always writes a "0".

I also tried to write a (quote (apply "thepage")) instead of (apply
"thepage")
as it works in headers/footers, but it doesn't yield the expected result.

Is there a proper way to get the actual page number within the document body?

Thanks a lot in advance of any help,

Benno.