Re: [TeXmacs] current chapter in header

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] current chapter in header
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:02:40 +0100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 10:21:52PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:30:01PM +0100, Stefan Ullrich wrote:
> > > Hi@all,
> > >
> > > I am doing a writing in book style and added an abstract between
> > > the
> > > title and the toc. While the current chapter is correctly
> > > displayed in
> > > the header throughout the whole document, the header of page 3
> > > (abstract) keeps displaying "bibliography" (which is at the end of
> > > the
> > > document).
> >
> > I remember hitting and working around that bug before. There is
> > probably
> > something about it in the archives of this mailing list or of
> > texmacs-dev.
> >
> > Try searching for "header" and "footer".
>
> What about
>
> <F1> header <return>

That's a different issue. The running header is not correctly
initialized at the start of the document. Often, that is not visible
because the heading environment set "this page header" (or whatever the
variable is now called) and are immediately followed by some structure
(TOC or section) which sets the running header.

You can reproduce it by:

1. help -> full manuals -> user manual
2. document -> page -> screen layout -> page-show-hf
(or you-know-what if the typo has been fixed)
3. place the caret on page 2
4. press enter
5. the header of page 3 reads "Index", that is the bug.

But the doc page can suggest to a very knowledgeable user to work around
it by using odd-page-text and even-page-text to initialize the headers
from inside the title environment on the first page.

--
-- ddaa

  • Re: [TeXmacs] current chapter in header, David Allouche, 02/02/2004