Re: [TeXmacs] Fink problems

  • From: "Alexander K. Hansen" <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Ulrich Hasecke <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fink problems
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:04:01 -0400

On Apr 26, 2005, at 6:39 AM, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

Hi,

I want to install texmacs via Fink.

Installation without problems, texmacs starts. but when I load a help text I get this error

/sw/bin/texmacs &
[1] 4575
Jan-Ulrich-Haseckes-Computer:/sw/etc juh$ TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: mktextfm: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
locate: no database file /var/db/locate.database.
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found

I could not open cmr9@600

Fatal error: Tex seems not to be installed properly in 'load_tex'
See file : load_tex.cpp

BTW: I am writing this via gmane, because my email-address was rejected.

If you're using Apple's X11, there are known issues with how it interacts with a user's environment settings (e.g. Fink). See

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/x11/inst-xfree86.php?phpLang=en#apple- binary
--
Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University