Re: [TeXmacs] Macros

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Macros
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:22:53 +0200

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 01:16:51PM +0200, Amit Dubey wrote:
> I tried entering this macro:
>
> <assign|slide|<macro|name|<with-color|blue|<very-large|...>>>>

I assume you mean

<with|color|blue|...>

instead of

<with-color|blue|...>

> I was entering this in the editor. I have a couple problems.
> First, it is a bit annoying that things like <assign and <with-color
> need you to press Alt-Forward to move to the next cell, whereas
> things like blue require you to press Forward only, and screw up
> if you press Alt-Forward by accident.

Because of some changes in the last version, some the cursor
was no longer accessable in disactivated tags. I corrected this
problem on the CVS (the names of labels and so could no longer
be edited too). Please tell me if things work fine in the next version.

By the way, you may use H-left and H-right for moving to
the previous or next argument of a tag. The A-left and A-right
bindings are used to insert arguments (at the left or right).

> Second, after typing very-large, I typed "\arg Alt-Forward name":
> I wanted <arg|name>. However, this ended up as the string "argname".
> Why did this happen?

\arg is also a LaTeX command, which leads to an "overloading problem".
You may use "M-i #" instead, or simply \ followed by the name of
the argument and return.

  • Macros, Amit Dubey, 08/10/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Macros, Joris van der Hoeven, 08/15/2005