Re: [TeXmacs] Screencasts about TeXmacs

  • From: "Javier Arantegui Jimenez" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Joris van der Hoeven" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Screencasts about TeXmacs
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:24:03 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm sorry to answer to this message so late, I haven't been near of a
computer during the last days.

On Vie, 2 de Diciembre de 2005, 13:06, Joris van der Hoeven dijo:
> Let us now discuss further details. First of all, I think that
> it is good to cut the demos in flash files which are not too long,
> i.e. more or less of the length of your demo.

I agree completely. I think that the tutorials should last no more than 5
minutes, ideally 3 minutes.

> We might than
> have a general index like:

[...]

> Each "-" would correspond to one flash file.
> Please let me know what you think about this global organization.

I think it's simply great.

> Don't hesitate to be slightly redundant (the explanation of
> the blue environment box, status bar, etc. can be done several times).

I plan to do an small change to the only tutorial I have made. At the end
of the tutorial I explained how to save a file. Probably this will be
covered in another tutorial. I want to end the tutorial wiht 3 buttons
instead of two. The buttons will be:
* Back
* Re-start the tutorial
* Do you want to know how to save a file?

This will shorten the tutorial bu the information of how to save will be
available for those interested in it.

> Remarks on your first demo:
> 1) After selecting article style, you may say that it appears
> at the bottom left of the status line.

OK. I didn't know that.

> 2) TeXmacs is not just what-you-see-is-what-you-mean (like LyX),
> but even what-you-see-is-what-you-want (that is: semantic markup +
> wysiwyg + professional typesetting quality).

I'll change it.

> 3) [?] Subtitle rarely used.

I know but I didn't realise until I finished the tutorial :-( and it's a
lot of work to remove it (well, not a lot but it requires to re-do almost
all the tutorial).

> 4) [?] Notice that author and adress can be entered by pressing
> return in title resp. author.

I didn't know that either.

> 5) Before quitting the title environment, show the blue bounding box
> with the pointer, and explain that this indicates that we are
> still inside the title. Maybe recall status bar.

OK. That would make the tutorial easier to understand.

> 6) [?] Save document at the very start.

That is always a good suggestion, and I should follow it more frequently.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es