maxima breaks

  • From: "Magyarkuti, Gyula" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: maxima breaks
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:39:27 +0100

Hi,
I am gladly using Maxima and Texmacs under Fedora Core 4. I really think
that these softwares are brilliant. Somehow, my maxima went wrong
yesterday. I am sure I did something causing the mistake, but I can not
clarify. The symptom is that after typing command maxima I got the
following lines:

[gyula@gauss ~]$ maxima

*** - invalid byte sequence #xED #x72 #x73 in CHARSET:UTF-8 conversion
The following restarts are available:
ABORT :R1 ABORT
Break 1 [2]>

The story is the same if I start Maxima inside Texmacs. Please help me,
if you have seen similar problem?

My environment is as follows:
rpm -q maxima texmacs
maxima-5.9.2-6.fc4