Re: [TeXmacs] store the backup files in a separate directory

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: David MENTRE <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] store the backup files in a separate directory
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:41:21 +0100

David MENTRE wrote:

Henri Lesourd <address@hidden> writes:

But there are perhaps other problems : in particular, it would be
interesting to know the problems met by other people ;

Sometimes, TeXmacs insists on telling me that he has a backup file while
I haven't done any modification to the file. So each time I open
TeXmacs, I have this erroneous backup recovery message.

That's right, I forgot this one. Namely, this annoying error
message that says (I just tried, I cannot find a way to get
it again...) something like "Use more recent version (Y/N)"
when you open TeXmacs.

Another related problem is that when TeXmacs crashes, you
do not recover your *very last* version. An interesting feature
would be one that catches all UNIX error signals (like SIGBUS,
SIGSEGV, etc.) and saves the current version of all buffers.