Re: [TeXmacs] store the backup files in a separate directory

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] store the backup files in a separate directory
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:40:01 +0600 (NOVT)

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Henri Lesourd wrote:
3. [PROBLEM] the ~ naming mechanism interferes badly with the
shell : it doubles the number of .tm files that appear as
an output of ls (or inside a file explorer under X) ; on
the other hand, it disturbs the TAB completion mechanism ;
I don't see how it disturbs the tab completion (which I use and like, I install bash-completion everywhere I can to make it even more useful). In 99% of cases, the next editing session should start from the latest saved version; I say
emacs foo<tab>
and get my foofile, not foofile~. In 1% of cases, I think: there was a really good sentence in foofile~, I was wrong when I deleted it. Then I rename foofile~ to something like foofile.previous, load both to emacs and copy this sentence to the current version.

Andrey