Re: [TeXmacs] macro to generate a template

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] macro to generate a template
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:41:01 +0200

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:49:26PM +0200, Rasmus Grøndahl Olsen wrote:
> Hi again TeXmacs users,
> I am trying to make a macro to generate a tabular template.
> If I write "\tabular" and press enter it will generate a template. How
> do I make a macro that does something similar?
> Until now all my attempts to generate code only show the macro name with
> the arguments in src-view, what I am interested in is to make a macro
> that generates the code.

This is a bit user-unfriendly, but possible.

Step 1: Construct your table inside a macro with one argumen (say "body").
Step 2: Inside your table, do "Table -> Special properties -> Extract format".
This only keeps the format of your table, and not the table itself.
Step 3: At the place left blank, type \body return.

Best wishes, Joris