Re: [TeXmacs] macro to generate a template

  • From: Rasmus Grøndahl Olsen <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] macro to generate a template
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:00:58 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:49:26PM +0200, Rasmus Grøndahl Olsen wrote:

Hi again TeXmacs users,
I am trying to make a macro to generate a tabular template.
If I write "\tabular" and press enter it will generate a template. How
do I make a macro that does something similar?
Until now all my attempts to generate code only show the macro name with
the arguments in src-view, what I am interested in is to make a macro
that generates the code.

This is a bit user-unfriendly, but possible.

Step 1: Construct your table inside a macro with one argumen (say "body").
Step 2: Inside your table, do "Table -> Special properties -> Extract format".
        This only keeps the format of your table, and not the table itself.
Step 3: At the place left blank, type \body return.

Best wishes, Joris

I tried to follow your instructions but every time I call the macro and try to add a cell TeXmacs crashes with a segmentation fault. If I understand the macro right, this macro will set the table properties such as cell boarder, cell size, alignment etc. I wish it could also place the cells fx. 4 rows and 9 columns.

What I am trying to achieve is to make a table template where almost all the field are pre-filled. But at the same time I want to be able to merge "blank" cells and fill them out. I have made a standard macro that almost satisfy my requirements the only thing that I can't do is merging the cells.

Best regards

Rasmus