Re: [TeXmacs] macro to generate a template

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] macro to generate a template
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:13:17 +0200

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 10:00:58AM +0200, Rasmus Grøndahl Olsen wrote:
> I tried to follow your instructions but every time I call the macro and
> try to add a cell TeXmacs crashes with a segmentation fault.

This is strange; you probably do something wrong.
Please look at the tabular* macro in std-markup.ts and
you will see what a tabular macro is supposed to look like.

> If I understand the macro right, this macro will set the table properties
> such as cell boarder, cell size, alignment etc.

Yes.

> I wish it could also
> place the cells fx. 4 rows and 9 columns.

You can specify a minimal/maximal number of rows/columns in the menus.

> What I am trying to achieve is to make a table template where almost all
> the field are pre-filled.

Pre-filling is not yet possible. However, if the size of your table
is fixed, then you may write a usual macro with one argument for
each empty cell.

> But at the same time I want to be able to
> merge "blank" cells and fill them out.

That is?

Best wishes, Joris