Re: [TeXmacs] My first non-trivial macro

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] My first non-trivial macro
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 13:36:19 +0200

David G. Wonnacott wrote:

I've been trying to use the CVS version and having some trouble. This
is on a Macintosh running MacOS 10.3 with a unix-formatted disk
partition for user files; texmacs 1.0.5 installed via fink works
perfectly. I would like to install the CVS version of texmacs in my
own account.

I obtained the source via anonymous CVS without any problem, and then did:

./configure --prefix=/Volumes/UFS/Users/davew/lib/TeXmacs/
make && make install

and got texmacs and fig2ps in my lib/TeXmacs directory without any
trouble at all. I added this to my path, and then tried to run
TeXmacs, but got lots of font errors followed by a statement that "Tex
seems not to be installed properly" (see transcript below).

You should try to compile a .tex file, in order to
know if your LaTeX install works correctly. If not,
you could try to uninstall, then re-install it via
fink, and check again if it works.

Can you give any other advice about how to get this working? I'm
planning to also try the same sequence on an Ubuntu linux box I could
use if necessary.

Either it is a stupid problem due to the fact that LaTeX
is not installed correctly on your machine, or either it
is a Mac-specific problem ; but I'm not a Mac user, so I
cannot really tell you more. In my own experience on various
Linux flavours, these kinds of problems happen when for some
reason, LaTeX is not correctly and/or not completely installed
on the machine, and they easily disappear as soon as you
have a complete LaTeX install on your machine.

But perhaps more Mac-literate people could also give
you more detailed ideas about how to solve the problem
you currently experience on your Mac box.