Re: [TeXmacs] Roman page numbering

  • From: Jani Huhtanen <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Roman page numbering
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:55:31 +0300

On Thursday 27 July 2006 11:09, Jani Huhtanen wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 23:44, Javier Arantegui Jimenez wrote:
> > Hi,

* snip *

> > Check Document > Algorithm > Professional. It's a little bit slower but
> > IMHO the results deserve the time. Maybe that can solve your problem.
> >
> > Javier
>
> None of the settings help. I have tried all the 3 algorithms, different
> settings for flexibility and reductions. Nothing helps. :(
>
> The book style achieves what I want somehow for chapters (i.e., chapters
> start at new page). At least I have not noticed any problems with paging
> when using the book style. I tried to quickly look at the style file but I
> didn't found what I was looking for, yet. I wonder what the book style does
> differently? Is it something builtin for chapter tags?
>
> I attached an example file which demonstrates this problem. There is a
> single page-break at the end of page 3. The problem, however, can be seen
> on page 1. Half of the page is empty although there is nothing but text and
> paging should be seemingly easy. The problem does not appear if one removes
> the page break from page 3.
>
> I'd really appreciate if this could be solved quickly as this is a problem
> that currently makes page-break and new-page tags unusable. Worse yet, my
> thesis should be in print in few weeks. Should I post this in dev
> mailinglist as a bug?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Sorry for flooding the list, but this topic is very important to me. Just
wanted to post an update, that I now tried the same page breaking code for
section-title as book style uses for chapter-title, but the same problem is
present. Seemingly random gaps in middle of page.

--
Jani Huhtanen
TTY Porin yksikkö