Re: [sr #105468] Nothing seems to change my page margins!

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jeremy Smith <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [sr #105468] Nothing seems to change my page margins!
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:15:19 +0200

Jeremy Smith wrote:

Follow-up Comment #1, sr #105468 (project texmacs):

Thanks to everybody who responded to my problem. I won't be using TeXmacs
anymore thanks to the lack of support.

1) You should not post messages for such things as
bug reports if you are not sure that it is really
a bug. This is the reason why your previous message
got unnoticed. This being said, even for real bugs,
posting also directly (even a small reminder) on
the mailing list increases the chances that somebody
looks into your problem ;

2) I had a look at your file, the reason why your
change of the margins has zero effect is because
you *didn't used the appropriate syntax*. In
the menu Document->Page->Margins->Odd page left margin,
for example, I could see that you inputted the
length as :
<<
"1.5 in."

, while the appropriate syntax is :
<<
"1.5in"

=> Have a look in Help->Reference guide->The TeXmacs format,
section 8 ("TeXmacs lengths") ; I know, the location of
this section is perhaps not very easy to find : you can
obviate this problem by means of Help->Search.

  • Re: [sr #105468] Nothing seems to change my page margins!, Henri Lesourd, 07/27/2006