Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jani Huhtanen <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:52:32 +0200

Jani Huhtanen wrote:

On Thursday 27 July 2006 17:53, Henri Lesourd wrote:

David G. Wonnacott wrote:

I'd be happy to work on re-inserting the image, but would like to do
so via the GUI rather than editing the source if I can. Any
suggestions on how to do this? When I use Insert->Image I don't see
the .jpg files among the choices.

This is not my experience : I definitely see
my .jpg files in the Insert->Image->Link image
dialog.

There should be some reason why you don't see
your .jpg images in this dialog : are you in
the right directory ? How is the lettercase
of your files (e.g. "image.JPG" would probably
not be understood by TeXmacs as a JPeg file) ?

In my experience, jpeg support depends on some choices made when TeXmacs (or something that TeXmacs is dependant of) is built from sources. For example, TeXmacs distributed by Arch Linux does not have jpeg support.

Aha. This is an interesting information which could
perhaps explain the problem with David's TeXmacs.

David: In the dialog widget which is fired from
Insert->Image->Link image, can you see :
<<
Directory: ...
File:
Suffixes: .gif **.jpg .jpeg** .pdf .png ...

?