Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images

  • From: Ingolf Schaefer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:31:33 +0200

Hi,

Jani Huhtanen schrieb:
On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:34, David G. Wonnacott wrote:
Thanks for the diagnosis and recommendation. I re-ran ./configure and
looked for "jpeg", "jpg", and "image" in the output, but didn't see
_any_ mention of either finding or not finding these. I'll see what

jpeg libraries I can install and then re-try (or, I've attached the
output of ./configure below in case anything pops out at you).
Check below.

*snip*
Here's the output of ./configure (with or without "make clean"):

[..]
./configure: line 5266: freetype-config: command not found
./configure: line 5267: freetype-config: command not found
checking ft2build.h usability... no
checking ft2build.h presence... no
checking for ft2build.h... no
Here is your problem:

disabling imlib2 support
Imlib provides the jpeg reading support for TeXmacs, I believe.
Nope. TeXmacs has no support for reading jpeg directly, if I understand the source code correctly. Instead of dealing with jpeg it uses imagemagick
to do the magic ;-)

You should convince yourself, that imagemagick is installed, by checking the result of

> which convert

In any case you will also need ghostscript installed. Check by

> which gs

If both of them are there, I cannot help you anymore :-(

[..]

Best wishes,

Ingolf