Re: problem loading texmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Davia Cox <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: problem loading texmacs
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:19:39 +0200

Davia Cox wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I forgot to load my x-server and corrected the .cshrc problem. Now I have a different problem, kernel panic in my system when I shut down my computer. I think I may have corrected it. But if not I may have to uninstall Fink and Texmacs (or reinstall Mac OS 10 which isn't a problem). Just an FYI- I did want to let you know in case other Mac user run into the same problem. If they do, or if you know of another way to isolate the kernel panic issue, please let me know.

Usually, kernel panics stem from buggy components and/or
incomplete/incorrect installs. Installing afresh some
things is rather likely to solve the problem.