Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images

  • From: Ingolf Schäfer <address@hidden>
  • To: Jani Huhtanen <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:19:54 +0200

Am 29.07.2006 um 09:14 schrieb Jani Huhtanen:

On Saturday 29 July 2006 00:24, you wrote:
Am 28.07.2006 um 22:52 schrieb Jani Huhtanen:
On Friday 28 July 2006 23:04, you wrote:
Jani Huhtanen schrieb:
On Friday 28 July 2006 17:31, Ingolf Schaefer wrote:
Hi,

Jani Huhtanen schrieb:
On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:34, David G. Wonnacott wrote:

Imlib provides the jpeg reading support for TeXmacs, I believe.

Nope. TeXmacs has no support for reading jpeg directly, if I
understand
the source code correctly. Instead of dealing with jpeg it uses
imagemagick to do the magic ;-)

I stand corrected. I wonder what the imlib is used for then. Only
references to it was in obtaining image size and drawing to drawable
(IIRC).

I am sorry, because I simplified too much. TeXmacs either uses
imlib2 or
convert, so it is by no means necessary to have imlib installed.
Are you
100% sure that convert is installed, supports jpeg and is in the
PATH?
(I do not mean to be insulting, I am just astonished.)

For example can you convert a jepg to ps from command line?

convert sample.jpg sample.ps

If this does work, I do not know anything else. TeXmacs just does the
very same command line that you just tried.

Yes, it works fine.

It might be related to the guile version. But this is just a guess
without reason. You are using guile 1.4 which seems to be a bit too old.

You're referring to the original poster I guess? My guile is version 1.6.8.
Yes, version 1.6.8 is perfect.

But nevertheless. Can you try the static build from Joris, which is
available on texmacs.org?

I tried 1.0.6.4-R2-static on Linux. Results were the same.
I did 'Insert->Image->Link Image' and the visible filetypes were: pdf, ps,
eps, svg, tif, and fig.
Then it is very likely a problem of your system and not related to the configuration options.

Probably Joris might know something more.

Sorry,

Ingolf