Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs and version control

  • From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs and version control
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:24:38 -0500

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 02:23:59PM +0100, Bas Spitters wrote:
>> When writing an article in latex I have used a version control system
>> (cvs, svn) to work with co-authors. Does anyone have experience using a
>> version control system with texmacs files in this way? Which version
>> control system supports merging changes/resolving conflicts in texmacs
>> files well?
>
> I still plan to provide a hack for TeXmacs so as to support CVS when I
> have time.

Why CVS? IIRC CVS is pretty outdated and it is not being developed anymore.
Nowadays almost everyone is using subversion where ever cvs was previously
employed. Many projects like gcc etc., have shifted from CVS to subversion.
Texmacs is probably the only package I know of which still uses CVS instead
of subversion.

If at all you are planning to add some version control capabilities, I think
it would be better to support subversion instead of CVS.

just my 2 cents
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi