Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs and version control

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs and version control
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:07:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi Joris et. al.,

As someone who has happily been using TeXmacs for years and recently
experienced a failed attempt to figure out who had changed what in a
.doc file, based on "compare documents" in OpenOffice (perhaps Word is
similar), let me just say

---> THANK YOU <---

for integrating with _either_ CVS or SVN rather than writing your own
change tracking system. (We're mostly switching from CVS to SVN, but I
can use CVS for my TeXmacs documents if I have to, though working with
both would of course be the coolest thing.) Anyway, I am _so_tired_ of
people re-inventing the wheel and producing something less functional.
Perhaps it's just my lack of experience with OOO and Word, but I would
rather do a cvs diff on the TeXmacs source and resolve changes by hand
than have to go through that again.

Sorry to rant --- I left it in for emphasis.

Dave Wonnacott