\S hybrid command and export to Latex

  • From: Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: \S hybrid command and export to Latex
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:30:59 -0400

Hello,

When I type ''\S'' in a TeXmacs buffer, this gets translated into the paragraph or section symbol on the screen, as it should. (I mean the same symbol that Latex produces when it sees \S.)

However, when I look into the actual .tm file, TeXmacs has translated the \S into the hex (unicode?) character \237. I don't see the point of this translation. When you export the .tm file to Latex, Latex does not understand the \237 and does not produce a section symbol.

I am looking through the source code trying to discover where this translation happens. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Kostas