Re: [TeXmacs] Excel table and texmacs

  • From: Marc Lalaude-Labayle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Excel table and texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 02:26:22 +0200

Hi,

here i forward a mail i received from B. Parisse, the author of xcas, in
which he gives some details about the plugin.

"More precisely:
- insert a giac session
- then run the command
spreadsheet("filename") where filename is replace by the file name
where
your sheet will be saved (e.g. spreadsheet("try.tab"))
The spreadsheet will appear in a separate window (see xcas
documentation
for how to use instructions).
Press the OK button at the bottom of the spreadsheet will save it. Then
you will be asked for the size of the created EPS file that will be
inserted in the texmacs document.
If you want to modify your spreadsheet, just type Enter in the
spreadsheet("filename") commandline.
Note that there is currently no filter to import Excel or OO sheet but
you can use copy/paste (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) or the CSV file format.""

I saw that a spreadsheet wihtin texmacs was planned to be added. But,
with such a wonderful software as xcas, would it be hard to "insert"
this spreadsheet ? This could solve the following limitation :

With this giac plugin, once you have your spreasheet in your .tm file
you cannot change it anymore, or am i wrong ?

Regards

Marc